Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pneumatic Tools

I have a friend. I am not a very good friend to him, I fear, but he is a great friend. He likes tools and gadgets. He would help me do anything. The thing I loved about his garage was that he had plumbed it to carry compressed air to a number of different spots in his garage/workshop. Once he turned on his big time compressor, he had multiple places to attach his pneumatic wrenches and other air-driven devices. I was impressed that a ordinary guy could have the same tools as my higher-priced compadres at the Firestone store. 

After last Sunday's visit with the Holy Spirit on Pentecost, one of his best days, I have decided that the church is meant to be a pneumatic tool and each Christian is meant to be a pneumatic tool. The Greek word for spirit and for wind is the same word—PNEUMA. It is the word that gives us scary words like PNEUMONIA and tool words like PNEUMATIC. A pneumatic wrench operates on compressed air. A Christian does not work unless filled with the Pneuma of God, the Holy Spirit. So... I don't think I am charismatic by the common definition; I do think I want to be seriously pneumatic. We all could be. We all could be pneumatic tools in the hands of God.

May God bless us all.

1 comment:

Hoosier46 said...

Amen! Lord, fill me with the Pneuma of God and make me a Pneumatic tool in your hands.